Hello! How are you doing in these strange times? Do you you enjoy the lockdown and the loads of free time you never had before?
I think the only way to keep your sanity in self-isolation is to keep yourself busy. I you want to enjoy the lockdown, you first need to enjoy your own company! When you wake up and can’t wait to get up and start doing the things you love each day becomes a pleasure. I am lucky enough to have too many hobbies, so boredom is not an issue at all. And the good part is that, even if you don’t have many hobbies, you can find your passion now! 🙂
Here are some of the things I enjoy so, so much doing while staying at home:
- Blogging. Yes, this is one of my greatest passions and I can spend hours tweaking the colors of a photo and arranging my Instagram feed. My boyfriend laughs at me but this brings me so much joy! Blogging is a great way to create something that is solely yours! You are the mastermind, creative director, editor, stylist, everything! I wish I could have more time working on the blog!
- Digital art. I have always loved drawing and just before the Covid-19 situation I bought a digital drawing tablet Wacom Cintiq 16. A great investment! It is super easy to use and whenever you feel like it, you just connect the tablet to your laptop and start expressing your mind in colors and lines. I am really into character design and concept art and I am in the process of recording my first speed drawing video. Once I finish my first work I will upload it on Instagram.
- Exercise. This is extremely important! Healthy mind in healthy body, they say, and it doesn’t get any more true than that. First, you have to stay in shape, and second, there is no greater satisfaction than when you have finished a workout. Here I have shared my home workout routine for the lockdown.
- Movies. Never had the time to watch that TV series or movie? Now you can finally spend cozy evenings on the sofa, have some wine and watch great movies that can make your head spinning. If you are living together with a loved one- even better!!!
- Botanics. It may sound funny and awkward, but growing something from a seed can bring so much joy and fulfillment. Before the lockdown plant growing or anything related was at the bottom of my list of likeable activities. Busy work days and even busier weekends didn’t leave any time for hobbies that require so much devotion. Well, I have grown to find out that nothing brings so much satisfaction as looking after a thing/person you love. In my case- I decided to grow a lemon tree out of a seed. Now I can say I have become an expert in growing lemon trees as I literally transferred all info on Google to my brain. The result – a very little 5 cm lemon tree that is waiting to be transferred to its newly purchased beautiful pot 🙂
The above are just examples of all the things you can do to enjoy the lockdown, now that social life is out of the game. Read a book, build a new piece of furniture with your hands, learn to cook new things, the options are countless! Happiness depends on whether you choose to be happy, so roll up your sleeves and start doing something! 🙂
Bye for now!