If you are trying to prevent the appearance of first wrinkles and hope to stay young forever, you are not alone! I have been trying different wrinkle correction and prevention creams for the past few years. Today we will have a look at the latest of my age defying purchases- the Institut Esthederm Active Repair Wrinkle Correction Cream and the Esthederm Active Repair Eye Contour Care cream.
1. The Institut Esthederm Active Repair Wrinkle Correction Cream.
The Institut Esthederm Active Repair Wrinkle Correction Cream comes in a luxurious glass jar and I really love it. It is a pleasure to open and apply on your skin and you need only a small amount to cover your face and neckline. The product’s claim is that the cream visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, revitalizes the complexion and reactivates cellular renewal. Some of its many “youth ingredients” are
Hyaluronic acid and salicylic acid. After a month of using the cream, here is the verdict:
- comes in a beautiful glass jar
- moisturizes the skin really well
- soaks into the skin without leaving an oily film on your face
- can be applied morning and evening (no need to buy separately a day and a night cream)
- the amount in the jar (50ml) can be used for a long time
- perfect for applying underneath your makeup
- perfect for the summer
- no visible effect on fine lines and skin condition
2. The Institut Esthederm Active Repair Eye Contour Care Cream.
The Institut Esthederm Active Repair Eye Contour Care cream is offered in a travel-friendly 15ml tube that also looks very elegant. According to the publicly available information, this eye cream restructures, regenerates and strengthens the area around the eyes. It also visibly reduces the appearance of dark circles and puffiness. Here is my impression of the product:
- comes in a travel-friendly tube
- does not leave an oily film on your face
- can be applied morning and evening
- soaks quickly into your skin, can be used underneath your eye makeup
- no visible effect on fine lines and dark circles (cannot say for puffiness as my eyes are never puffy)
- does not moisturize enough
- overpriced (46.00 Euro on Institut Esthederm’s website)
Based on the above, I don’t believe I will purchase again these products as I would rather try something different that could have a stronger effect on my skin. The creams from the Institut Esthederm Active Repair line are far from bad, they just don’t live up to the promises on the label and I think they should, given the price.